Wednesday, March 04, 2009

the sweet spot

Confidence
Confidence



‘A sweet spot is a place, often numerical as opposed to physical, where a combination of factors suggest a particularly suitable solution.’

Max Lucado’s book ‘ The Cure for the Common Life’ reminded me how by chance ( or not )we have arrived in what can be described as our sweet spot. Max describes how we need to look at our life story and in particular at what our interests are between the ages of 8 and 12, what was our passion and just look how that has played itself out in our life story. Personally, I used to make paper flowers and cakes to sell on a makeshift shop counter during the summer beach holiday as well as winning a writing competition at the age of 12 on the subject of sport. I can see that all of these contribute to who I am today. It certainly has made me watch the emerging talents in our village and the passion and interests of the children.

The shop window is available to residents in the village to come and show us what they can do and how their talents contribute to the whole of the village. A club, a creative individual, a small business, an event can use the shop window to share their passion.All we ask in return is the use of some products we sell in the shop within the display. The aim is to encourage each other to come and share what we are passionate about and help us to see talents more clearly and encourage our young people towards their sweet spot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,

I too loved to make paper flowers as a child...and go for long bike rides... and build dens in the woods... but I digress! I wanted to say that I love your perspective on the sweet spot and to read about the many ways in which you collaborate with those in your local community. Offering them the opportunity to shine via you shop window is a great example in my view.

Sally x