Tuesday, February 28, 2006

LITTLE TOMS


Image hosting by Photobucket


You are looking at the bumper crop in the making. I have sewn 2 varieties so far, Alicante which was a bumper crop last year and then Tamina which was given to me as a Christmas present. I will have too many plants but am thinking I could give some away. Last year we had 12 tomatoe plants and 6 beef tomatoes. The latter did not do so well. You never know when you sew seeds what will come up and when they all come up, you sure will lose some to nature along the way. However, this is the first stage. I have this little wee propagator which gets things going and then when the weather warms up a little they will move to the polytunnel.

With lots of tender loving care you are looking at the tomatoe soup, pizza base sauce and passata of next year.

No comments: